Petzl - Rig Descender, Black (Old Version)
Warning: Last items in stock!
Free delivery on all UK orders over £75*
Using a 24hr Courier service
100% secure online shopping
We accept Visa, Mastercard, Maestro Cirrus, SagePay and PayPal.
- Multi-functional handle allowing the user to use the device as either a descender or belay device
- When used in descent mode, if the handle is released it will spring to the belay position thus 'failing to safe'
- Users can unlock the rope, control the descent and position themselves on the rope with the hand on the free end of the rope i.e. it can be used like a Grigri whereby the rope will flow freely through the device in a controlled manner but will lock if there is an uncontrolled fall (The automatic return system on the handle limits risks in case of an involuntary action by the user)
- The Rig has the same system of opening allowing the device to be fitted to a rope without removing it from your harness (using the moving side plate). This also helps when passing intermediate anchor
- A pivoting cam facilitates taking up the slack in the rope
- Can also be used to make a reversible haul system, and for short ascents (in conjunction with a FOOTPRO foot loop and an ASCENSION handled rope clamp).